Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

My Lego History

Hi, my name is Joe and I still play with Legos. I started playing with Legos back in the three system days (Town, Castle, and Space) in the 80's and 90's. I started getting "too old" to play with Legos right about the time the Pirate system took off. As tends to happen, once I headed off to college my folks bundled all of my lego sets into one giant tupperware container and put it up in the attic to save for "the grandkids".

Fast forward about 18 years. Now I'm married, have a good job, a house with a mortgage in the suburbs, and 2 children of my own, the grandkids my parents had been anticipating. My oldest daughter is almost 7 and I realized that was about the time I started playing with Legos. So one day, while visiting my parents, I casually asked if the old Lego bin was still in the attic, and could I borrow it for a bit. Yes it was, and yes I could.

Needless to say, both my daughters (the other one is 2) love playing with Legos, and are always asking me to play with them. So now that my love of Legos has been rekindled, and add to that the ubiquitous prescence of the internet, I've been rediscovering Legos in the modern age. I think I may be playing with Legos for a long time to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Collector Blog Directory HyperSmash.com blogville.us